Уазбука Клуб Фотогалерея Каталог

Вернуться   uazbuka.ru > Общий > UAZ International

Ответ

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 10.08.2005, 21:10   #1
Maurice

По умолчанию Question about RHD 31512

Hello!

My name is Maurice, I am English and I live in Hong Kong.

Government vehicle rules here are very strict. Private car must be RHD (steering wheel on the right side), must use only petrol, and engine emissions must meet the Euro-III standard. So, I thought I can never drive a UAZ...

However now I see there is UAZ Tigr in Germany with Euro-III engine, and UAZ website says some 31512 and 31514 were converted to RHD!
(See http://www.uaz.ru/partnership/steering_wheel/)

Maybe the factory can sell me RHD 31512 with Tigr ZMZ 409.16 engine and gearbox? Do you think it is possible? Actually I prefer the appearance of 31512 to Hunter/Tigr. For me, less plastic is better.

First, though, a question:

Except for engine and gearbox, what are the differences between 31512 and Hunter/Tigr soft top?

More questions are sure to follow

Thanks
Maurice

Note: I already own an old (1989) Defender. So, why do I want a UAZ? I am not sure that I know the answer....
Реклама
Реклама на сайте
Старый 11.08.2005, 12:10   #2
ualexj
Уазовод

heh to my mind you can get all what you want for your money. i'm not sure about uaz at manufacturer's factory modificationbut there are enough goodcar tuning studios..
maibe someone can answer much more directly.
Sany, with respect
ualexj вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 11.08.2005, 20:04   #3
Maurice

Цитата:
Сообщение от ualexj
heh to my mind you can get all what you want for your money.
This is true, but in my case the major problem is the engine, so the question becomes "how much am I ready to pay?" ZMZ 409.16 engine with gearbox and exhaust pipe should be expensive!

Anyway I read a lot of information here (of course with automatic translation). I think I answered my own question about 31512 and Hunter.

So, now I identified three possible solutions:
  • Start with the RHD 31512 already made by the factory. Replace engine, transmission and exhaust pipes with those used by the German Hunter. Use 31514 seats (that can be moved) and install seatbelts for front and rear seats.

Start with a normal German Hunter. Change the steering to RHD, using the parts the factory use to convert the 31514. This means a metal dashboard, but I prefer that anyway. I don't like the pastic bumper and radiator grille, but that's not a technical problem, only cosmetic

Buy an old 469 and change it to RHD using the parts the factory use to convert the 31512.
The first option can only really be done at the UAZ factory. It is not a modification, it is a complete custom car.
The second option is not difficult, but German prices are very high. It will only be economically feasible if it is done at the factory, or if I do it myself (assuming I can buy the necessary parts).
The third option can be considered only because the Government considers cars that are 20 years old (or more) to be "classic cars". They do not need to pass exhaust regulations, so I can use the original engine. It must still be RHD though, so I will have to convert it myself (again assuming I can buy the necessary parts). The problem with this idea isn't technical, but logistics. First I need to find an old 469 in good condition, and I need someone who can ship it to me, and it should not be too expensive. Old 469's should be common, but people that can ship one overseas are not.

What do you think?

Maurice

Note: RHD = Right Hand Drive. In other words the driver sits at the right side of the car, not the left side as in Russia.
Старый 16.08.2005, 16:35   #4
blooder
Уазовод

What do you think about starting with the RHD 31512 and then buy any suitable petrol engine in Hong Kong? You will only need to replace initial engine.
blooder вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 17.08.2005, 11:12   #5
Maurice

По умолчанию A good idea, but

I doubt the Government will accept that. It is not even permitted for existing cars, a replacement engine must be the same type! Also surely using a Russian engine will be easier and less expensive?

Honestly I fear the Government exhaust and noise rules. For me, it is much less risky if the vehicle arrives already with the correct engine.

Anyway, I am considering more and more to import an old 469. This way I need to concentrate only on the steering.

Maurice
Старый 19.08.2005, 17:07   #6
Maurice

News Update:

First, the UAZ factory confirmed that the only RHD models available are 315123 and 315143 i.e. with the Andoria 4CT90-1 (Euro-II) diesel engine.

Second, I discussed with the relevant Government department about registration. They told me that a UAZ with Euro-III diesel engine cannot be registered as a private car, but it can be registered as a light goods vehicle.

So, I need a cost effective way to move from Euro-II diesel to Euro-III diesel. If I am lucky (this is not usually the case) the 4CT90-1 engine can be upgraded to 4CTi90-1BE specification. If that's not possible I will need to replace the engine completely. Hopefully some of the cost can be recovered by selling the Euro-II engine, but since I'm in Hong Kong that may not be easy.

The only other difficulty involved is that to drive a light goods vehicle I must take another driving test.

Nevertheless, I feel more confident than last week.

Maurice
Старый 22.08.2005, 16:51   #7
El Chupacabra
Уазовод с опытом общения

I hear that Andoria diesel is old english PERKINS diesel. May be it will help you. BTW, if you want to buy your car in Russia, you can do it in Vladivostok and them put it in marine 20-feet container. I think, that way will cost not much.
El Chupacabra вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25.08.2005, 21:02   #8
Maurice

El chupacabra is in Russia now?

I'm not sure if I can buy through a normal agent, I think the RHD vehicles are supplied direct from the factory. In fact they say they're already waiting at the port in Novorossijsk...

Maurice
Старый 17.10.2005, 16:04   #9
Segan
Administrator
Site Admin -- Уазовед

News UAZ about machines RHD:
http://www.uaz.ru/eng/partnership/rhd
But only with the diesel engine.
УАЗ-31512 = 7 729 USD
УАЗ-31514 = 8 100 USD
Segan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.10.2005, 15:07   #10
Maurice

RHD vehicles can also be bought without an engine. The factory told me so. However only Andoria engines can be fitted without modifying the chassis.

Latest idea from the factory - they send a RHD vehicle without engine to the distributor in the Czech Republic. The distributor will install a Euro-3 Andoria engine (75kW ) and then sell the vehicle to me. Unfortunately the factory is very busy now so they did not yet contact the Czech distributor with this suggestion. I must be patient...

Alternatively I can buy a vehicle (without engine) and engine separately and then install the engine myself. However this will incur high shipping costs!

Транспортные средства руля правой руки могут также быть куплены без двигателя. Фабрика сказала мне так. Однако только двигатели Andoria могут быть приспособлены, не изменяя шасси.

Последняя идея от фабрики - они посылают транспортное средство руля правой руки без двигателя дистрибьютеру в Чешской республике. Дистрибьютер установит евро-3 двигателя Andoria (75kW) и затем продаст транспортное средство мне. К сожалению фабрика очень занята теперь, таким образом они еще не связывались с чешским дистрибьютером с этим предложением. Я должен быть терпеливым...

Альтернативно я могу купить транспортное средство (без двигателя) и двигателя отдельно и затем установить двигатель самостоятельно. Однако это подвергнется высоко судоходным затратам!

Maurice
Ответ